The Effective HR Manager
Historically, the role of an HR Manager has been to ensure that the day to day support of employees is effectively implemented. No longer is this support role for today's HR Manager sufficient. This article looks at the changing face of HR and a new set of success criteria for those in an HR Management role.
The article covers the following:
- The need for HR Managers to be proactive in establishing a value added role
- The challenge for HR Managers to reposition themselves in the organisation
- The knowledge and skills now required of HR Managers to play a more strategic part in their organisation
- How HR Managers need to build very different teams of people to deliver HR management best practices
- How to obtain the buy-in of line managers at all levels to partner with them in a new way