Here are five tips to increase your personal efficiency using ‘To Do’ lists.
- Use the ‘To Do’ list system daily
- Review the daily list each day (first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening) and plan your priorities for the day ahead
- Don’t include too many items, about 12 to 15 is fine – allow space for the jobs which always crop up unexpectedly; don’t ‘log jam’ your day
- Maintain a second ‘To Do’ list for longer term tasks or those to which a finite date cannot yet be given for completion
- Transfer items from the second list to the daily list as deadlines for completion draw nearer
For more insights check out our resource Improving Your Time Management